Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Inspired by Eaves Dropping

I was inspired to write this poem from a conversation I heard through eavesdropping. Not sure if it follows any rules, other than rhyming every other line, but I had fun.

Squandering Pulses

Last night there was allot of cherry Jello shots
In a puddle of something red I wake. Pleading
and thinking it is a puddle of blood I lay. I'm shocked,
not really, to realize I must have done some heaving.

With no memories of where I had played.
I figure I puked on Amber's lovely bed sheets.
Can't see me going to French class today,
No bother, it's already been a lovely few weeks.

Why would I write a poem of such a thing? you ask. I found it colorful.
Why would I feel the need to share it with the class? you may also ask. During a single class session Prof. Sexson  says so many things on so many levels. I find it maybe several days or many weeks before their relevance becomes clear and I have the outlet (poetry) to articulate them in a way that might make a connection with the class. So I hope you enjoy!  And Yes I promise to improve my poetry skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment